Monday, August 17, 2009

I don't know why I always wait for something big and exciting to happen before I blog. Cause that really doesn't happen too often which is why I don't write anything :) Just thought I would get some things off my mind.
First of all, I really can't wait to go on my trip with my Hubby! We are leaving on Friday for Missouri where we will drive to Nauvoo and stay for 3 days. I really can't wait to see the temple and go through a session. I am also excited to see all the other amazing historical sites there. My mom tells me the spirit is so incredibly strong in Nauvoo. So then on Monday morning we are going to head out back to Missouri hitting other sites along the way. I don't really have our route planned out yet but my dad is supposed to be helping me out with that :) Once we get back to Missouri we will be staying in our Timeshare Condo. I can't wait because it is right on the river bank where we can go fishing, swimming, and go for a dinner cruise! Hopefully we will get to that. We will be hanging out, relaxing, and TALKING a lot. I feel like Brandon and I don't get nearly as much time to talk about things like we used to. On a side note, my wonderful sister, Stephanie, is going to be keeping my kids for the week! She is so amazing, thank you so much Steph! We will be coming home late Saturday night on the 29th. I can't wait for this much needed break. I have been so stressed lately. My 4-Plex isn't going so well and that is a HUGE ordeal right now. Nothing worse than having a vacancy and still having to pay the mortgage that we really don't have extra money for. People are so irresponsible it drives me crazy! I don't know how people can live their lives like some of the people I have seen lately.
Another huge stress for me lately is of course being pregnant. Anyone who really knows me knows what a hard time I have with gaining weight. Not that it's hard for me to gain weight but that it's hard for me to accept it. I know I am going to gain weight being pregnant but I just gain so much! My first 2 pregnancies I gained almost 100 pounds and the last time I was pregnant I was bound and determined NOT to gain it all back. It's really hard to lose all that weight over and over! So I worked out like 4 hours every day, and dieted as much as I could. I even did the first half of my pregnancy without having any sugar what so ever! Occasionally I would have a little treat but I was very good about controlling what I ate. So much so that I just couldn't wait to have my baby just so I could have a break from counting calories. Well it all paid off of course. I "only" gained 43 pounds. Which is amazing for me especially after my first 2 pregnancies. Well I was really proud of myself of course but now that I am pregnant again, I feel like I need to be the same way. Well, it gave me total anxiety to even think of doing that again. That was a LONG 9 months. Needless to say, I only work out about 2 hours a day. And I definitely eat more than I did last time. Especially since Stephanie lives with me and cooks such irresistible food! I try not to feel so guilty about it all but it's just hard to know that it is actually possible for me to only gain 43 pounds. So yes, I'm always thinking about it. And always getting upset about it. I know everyone is different and everyone handles pregnancy differently but it's still hard to see those cute pregnant girls and not be envious, especially when I work so hard to be like that. I'm also really embarrased about the way I look. Always thinking about what other people are thinking about me.
Another reason why I am looking forward to this trip is to hopefully let go of some crankiness! I am so ornery when I'm pregnant. Probably because I am getting fatter and that bothers me so much. But my poor husband gets the brunt of it most of the time. Little dumb things that he does just get under my skin and make me so mad. He tries so hard but honestly I think it's a battle he can't win, at least for the next 5 months, haha! So I'm hoping that taking the kids and housework out of the picture will lighten my load and let me see how wonderful I know my husband is.
So hopefully I will be good and update everyone on how my trip went! I know I'm taking lots of pictures....

3 comments:

Joe N' Jess said...

Awe Annie! I hope the trip is everything you hope it is going to be, I know you two deserve a trip away! I can't wait to see those pics that are promised! I love you!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you guys get to go on a vacation! I on the other hand owe you more than just a week of babysitting! you are an incredible woman and are an awesome wife, sister and friend so dont think for a minute any body judges you on how you look!! you are beautiful no matter what! I love you sista!
p.s dont forget to leave a medical insurance card! haha!

Erin said...

You look wonderful and you are a super woman at the gym!! I hear ya on the gaining weight... It is the WORST!! But know that you look awesome and that you will have at least two other girls (me and Lindsey) at the gym in the same predicament come 2010!!