Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So this post is all about me today. Sorry, no pictures or anything special.
I'm officially signed up to run the Wasatch Back! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a relay race from Logan to Park City. 188 miles! You start Friday morning and run nonstop until Saturday afternoon. There are 12 people on my team and I am the 12th runner which means I will be the finisher! WooHoo! I am so extremely nervous! I ran my first 5K a couple weeks ago and I had horrible anxiety for at least a week before the race. And this one is longer and harder. A friend of mine is going to help me train but I only have about a month to do it. (Most people start training in February!) I'm also trying to figure out my eating habits. I don't really know what to eat before running or when in order to make myself feel really good and energized. From what I have read, it's completely opposite from what I am used to eating. Lately I have been on a low carb, high protein diet trying to lose my baby weight. (which I have successfully done :D ). I've been told though that you want to do the opposite which makes me kind of nervous. I don't want to gain all my weight back that I've worked so hard to lose!
I've also been off sugar for 3 weeks now! Brandon and I made another bet that I couldn't go without desserts, candy, and chocolate for a year. The first couple weeks were pretty tough. It's usually not so bad now though. I really love the fact that I don't ever go to bed with guilt about what I ate! Sometimes I eat a little too much and that sucks but at least I don't have all that refined sugar in my system that I have to burn off. And it has helped me get over the hump that I have been on for the last month or so. I've lost about 7 pounds since April 19th! (That shows how much I was eating before lol.)
Well that's about it, I guess I better get running!

3 comments:

Joe N' Jess said...

Wow woman! I am SO proud of you! I can't wait to hear about the race! I hope that Brandon takes some pictures of you when you start running and finish (at least at those 2 times, more if possible). So FUN!

Jenn said...

Annie-- I am just so impressed. Way to go! You amaze me.

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous that you are doing that race! One day we will do it together! I cant wait to hear all about it! You are awesome Ann!