Brandon hasn't been getting many hours at work and lucky for me, (blessings in disguise) he didn't have any work the next morning so he sat around with me waiting for his boss to call him and send him on a job. It has been so long since I have been sick like this. I even think it's worse than being pregnant. Although I can say that only because I'm not right now :). I know, I do forget.
By Friday nothing had changed but Brandon did have to go into work around 9 so I was pretty stressed about having to entertaining the kids all day feeling this horrible. So I googled strep throat and looked at the signs and I had every single one of them. But then the website informed me that it would go away in 3 to 7 days even if I didn't get medication for it. Bummer! So immediately I knew that meant I couldn't justify spending the $20 to go see the doctor and then the $10 for the prescription so I would just have to wait this thing out and I was really not looking foreword to that! Well my friend Amber came to the rescue! She is dating a doctor and she happens to get strep a lot so he just calls in prescriptions for her when she needs them. Last time he happened to prescribe twice the amount of medicine that she normally takes so she had just enough left over to treat me! I was so ecstatic! I wouldn't have to suffer much longer! So I started it yesterday afternoon and now I feel 100% better! My throat still hurts when I swallow but the pain is much more manageable now. Thank you Amber! Ugh, I HATE strep throat!

1 comment:
I think that IS the nastiest stuff you can get! Im glad you are feeling better!!
Post a Comment