Sunday, June 20, 2010

Randall Campout 2010

This year we had our campout at Strawberry Reservoir. It's up in the Uintas so I was a little concerned about the weather. Especially after I was informed by my Father in Law that the first night was going to get down to 32 degrees. So I begged and pleaded with Brandon to go get the trailer from our 4 Plex in Layton. We were actually planning on selling it so Brandon had just gotten done cleaning it all out so he wasn't too excited about having to put it all back together but he did it anyway, for me :) He had to do some maintenance on it like resealing the roof and fixing a broken toilet but all in all it was ready to go. And I was very glad we had it too.
We were about to leave Thursday afternoon. The kids were all buckled up and ready to go. For some reason the hood of the truck was ajar so I went to close it and noticed the top of the inside of the hood was ripped apart. Brandon came over to look at it and told me that it was the serpentine belt coming apart. I said, "well, let's just go and fix it when we get home" (I was pretty frustrated it was so late already). Then he told me that the serpentine belt is what keeps the engine running. Bad belt, no drive. So of course this only got me even more frustrated. Now we had to all get out of the truck and wait for Daddy to replace the belt. Well thankfully I have a really amazing husband. He ran and bought a new belt and we were ready to go in an hour. (I love that man)
We drove up there with Danny and Keri, who also had their trailer, so we could look out for each other. It was almost dark by the time we got there and we were the last to arrive. But they already had the camp fire going so the kids and I hopped right out to join everyone while Brandon and Danny got the trailers set up. After a few smores and stories, the kids and I headed to bed. That night was pretty cold. It probably did get down to 32 if not colder. My kids did pretty well though. About 2AM I got Brandon to start the heater which was so heavenly :)
Friday morning we woke to frost all over everything. Bryan and LouAnne made us some yummy whole wheat pancakes and dutch oven potatoes. I got out my bike and trailer and took the kids for rides in it while we waited for breakfast to cook. After we all got done stuffing our bellys, the men took all the kids to the lake to fish. I stayed back with my Mother in Law, Tammy, LouAnne, Tegan, and Parley.
Bryan came back with the kids a couple hours later because they were all hungry and a little tired of sitting. After getting some lunch, Tammy and LouAnne took some of the kids for a walk down to the lake. They came back an hour or so later all wet! Jordan and Brigham had fallen down in the water. They've got some awesome Aunts :)
Everyone else came back a few hours later. Danny and Keri were the only ones lucky enough to snag a fish. Brandon had one but just before he was able to bring it up on the shore, it got away :(
The kids just played and played. Anything from looking for "treasure" to playing in the rocks on the road, to playing in the sage brush. And I thought it would be a problem not having any trees around lol. It ended up getting pretty hot and a few of us felt the effects with a sunburn.
That night Mom and Dad made us their famous chili and Danny and Keri whipped up some breadsticks in their trailer. After getting the kids to bed Brandon and I were able to stay up and play Clue with everyone in Danny's trailer. That night didn't get as cold and we all slept a little better.
The next day was Brigham's birthday! He was so excited! We got up and made everyone french toast and Tammy and Jason made sausage and bacon with lots of fruit. After we all cleaned up we brought out the presents for Brigham. He got 2 squirt guns, 2 nerf guns, 2 foam axes, and 2 foam swords. We figured we better get 2 of everything so someone could fight back haha. He loved them!
After another shot at fishing we were ready to go home and shower. Well, we were ready but I don't know about the kids. They had SO much fun. Not once were they sitting around wondering what to do. And they were thoroughly exhausted at the end of every day. I love camping! And I'm so glad I have family that enjoys it too.

In no particular order....

Fishing with Daddy!

Otterpop face :)
Me and my little man!

Birthday presents!
Daddy and Parley trying to sleep in....
He doesn't look happy to be 4 does he? Haha
Nana keeping Parley asleep by the fire while I play games with everyone :)
Jo being silly haha
They loved their beds :)

Jordan and Ellie playing in the rocks on the road....they would fill up their shirts and carry them everywhere....they did this forever!
Bigs and Brady sword fighting
Ellie came in our trailer to have lunch. They couldn't get enough of each other


Brandon all ready to fish....
We loaded up all the kids in the back of Bryan's truck to take them down to the lake

On our way there.... notice Brigham passed out in the back seat :)

3 comments:

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

holy cow all of your kids totally look like Brandon.

Joe N' Jess said...

My goodness! I am SO jealous! It looks like you had SO much fun! You look so amazing by the way!

Kat and Brian said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry about poor Parley and his ear but sounds like he's doing better. Your kids will love talking about all of these memories as they get older.