Monday, June 22, 2009
Temple Work
I got to volunteer at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today! My wonderful Mother-In-Law came over to watch my kids at 9:30 this morning and I carpooled with my neighbor, Tiffany. I was working in the Historical Records department so basically I did a lot of observing. We were supposed to write down anything really unique that happened and make a note of any dignitaries that came through. Luckily nobody really important came through while I was on watch cause I probably wouldn't have been able to recognize and/or name who they were! (At least I don't THINK anyone came through! Haha!) So another part of our duties was to sort through the comment cards and record in the computer any comments that haven't been recorded yet or that were unique. The negative comments were disappointing. But other than that, it was pretty amazing to be able to read about every one's amazing experiences and to be able to talk to them as they came out of the temple. I haven't had the chance to go through it yet. I was tempted to sneak in after my shift was over but I know Jordan really wants to go anyway so I might as well wait and do it as a family. If anyone hasn't gone yet, hurry and go! The temple is open every day but Sunday and only goes through August 1st. It's an amazing experience especially if you haven't been inside a temple before! Take your family, friends and neighbors. Everyone is invited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
we are going on thursday as a family i am sooo excited!
I am so jealous!!! I wish I had an opportunity to volunteer at the open house. You and my friend Becky both got to do it. It is a beautiful temple though.
We went. We loved it. We're jealous that you are so close and get to be a part of it.
Post a Comment