Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year!

Wow how time flies! I swear I'm the worst blogger ever! That's why I didn't want to start one of these, because then everyone could see what a slacker I am. Well I hope I do better this year.

Last night my kids and Hubby and I stayed up waiting for the new year. Tegan didn't last past 8:00 but Brigham almost made it!  He finally zonked out at 11:40. We tried waking him but it really didn't even phase him. Jordan of course made it and would have outlasted even Brandon and I. She is such a night owl. It was pretty cute, too. She was watching the movie 8 Below. She was almost in tears when they left the dogs behind in the cold. Then when the dog died, we had to come see. She kept saying "this is such a sad movie!". 

So my new years resolution ISN'T  to lose weight. I know, big shocker. That's been it for like 10 years, I think I could use a change. So anyway, I would really like to work on my testimony and becoming closer to the Lord. I am going to show more faith in him and include him more in my every day life. I know that if I do that, he will relieve some of my stress and anxiety. My patriarchal blessing states that if I will study the scriptures every day he will let me know the things he wants me to do that day. I know he will be right there with me, too, as I strive to do those things. I have been focusing too much on what I THINK I should be doing and what others would think of me and I know I need to think more about His plan for me. 

So anyway, I look forward to hearing everyone else's resolutions! I love this time of year when everyone is so ready and willing to make changes in their lives. Change is good! After all, If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always got!

1 comment:

Amanda and Nick said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment : ) Come by anytime! I didn't know you had a blog so I am glad you commented : ) That is such a good resolution! Mine is probably to make it a whole year with out burning or breaking anything in the kitchen or learning how to cook an actual non canned food dinner, any yummy suggestions?