Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stephanie?

So it's naptime(blessed naptime!) and I decide to hop on the computer and catch myself up on all everyone's latest news. I go to my sister Stephanie's blog and I just start crying! I see that she hasn't written in awhile let alone made any comments on my blog. She has been working her life away lately with 2 jobs and I hardly even get to talk to her. For those of you who didn't know, we used to live a few short blocks away from each other. We were in the same stake and everything. Then we get this brilliant idea to sell our houses and build new ones right next to each other. Brilliant! My dream come true! We had our lots picked out and everything. We put our houses up for sale and hers sells within 2 weeks! Mine just sits and sits. She then moves in with her generous in-laws and waits for me to sell mine. I was having trouble finding a house plan in my price range and Stephanie was feeling a little claustrophobic sharing one bedroom with her 4 kids so we talked it over and decided it was probably not the right time for me to move since my house wasn't selling. So Steph went out looking at existing houses. She fell in love with one forever far away from me in South Jordan! I was so upset at how far away it was so I decided to look at homes for sale in South Jordan that I could afford. Lo and behold I find one that is absolutely perfect! Brandon and I both loved it and best of all, it was right down the street from Stephanie! After awhile, my house still wasn't selling and I was so extremely frustrated with my agent. We took our house off the market. A few months later, I noticed that the house we wanted was not only still up for sale, the price had dropped! I thought for sure this was a sign. We re-listed with a different agent this time and dropped the asking price on our house another 20 thousand dollars just to get it sold fast to get the other house. Well, 3 months later, still no offers. So we start praying asking the Lord if we should take it off the market again and a couple days later, the house we wanted sold. So here we are again. She tried selling her house to come back but the market is too horrible right now. Now she has decided to wait it out. Sorry for the long story but you have to understand how much this whole situation is killing me. I miss her so much! We used to see each other pretty much every day. I would give anything to have her back here by me. I love you Steph!!

2 comments:

Amanda and Nick said...

This is so cute! It is nice to know that someone loves their sister as much as I do! Sarah and I are trying to build a huge duplex together : ) Keep dreaming, it will happen one day!

Stephanie said...

literally tears are in my eyes! I miss you more than anything and I would give ANYTHING to go back! just keep praying that it will be soon that the stupid economy gets better! I cant wait to be done doing overtime so we can hang out! our poor kids! I love you annie and am super excited to hang out on saturday! ps,,,dad finally got the internet working on my laptop so i can check your blog as i work! SWEET! you are so awesome!